Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad
For Ph.D. students in area studies and modern foreign languages.
The Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Fellowship Program provides opportunities to graduate students to engage in dissertation research on modern foreign languages and area studies for 6-12 months in Africa, East Asia, Southeast Asia and the Pacific Islands, South Asia, the Near East, East Central Europe and Eurasia, and the Western Hemisphere (Canada, Central and South America, Mexico and the Caribbean). This program does not fund projects in Western Europe. The program expects to award 100 fellowships ranging from $15,000 to $60,000.
A competition is expected in Spring 2013.
Am I Eligible?
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Advanced to candidacy before departing for field research
- Working in a non-western European country and one with a U.S. diplomatic presence
- Working in a language other than English or your native language and fluent in the language you will use
- Working in area studies or modern languages
For more information contact: Georgia Ehlers, Director of Fellowships & Community Engagement, UA Graduate College at email@example.com.
More Information for Applicants