The Postdoctoral Resource Center (PRC) provides resources for postdoctoral scholars at The University of Arizona. The Resource Center's goals are to foster community, to connect scholars with resources for career and personal development, and to serve as a framework for representation on campus and in the Tucson community.
Created in 2007, the Resource Center is a member of the National Postdoctoral Association. This provides the following benefits to individual affiliated members:
- Free individual affiliation - Any interested individual affiliated with the University of Arizona may join the NPA for free as an affiliate member.
- NPA E-Alerts and POSTDOCket, quarterly newsletter will be distributed electronically to members of the UA Postdoc listserv.
- Access to the Members-Only Content, i.e. the International Postdoc Survival Guide, professional and leadership development materials.
- Discounts for individual members on Lab Essentials Publications from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press and Current Protocols from JohnWiley & Sons, as well as legal services, Zip Cars, Stuffbak, and joint membership with AAAS/Science.
- Professional & Leadership Development resources and opportunities to serve on NPA committees and the executive board.
- Group Health Insurance option through NAGPS for postdoc members of the NPA.
- Networking Opportunities with colleagues on the Sustaining listserv moderated by NPA.
- Annual Meeting Discounts to the annual spring meeting.
While the Center is in the beginning stages, we anticipate further developments recommended by the NPA to create a Council for postdoctoral scholars, and to facilitate opportunities for engagement among postdocs across the campus.