You are here

GradPath Frequently Asked Questions

How do I navigate to GradPath forms in UAccess Student?

On the main page of your Student Center, click the dropdown menu in the Advising link.

Screenshot of Student Center landing page, highlights Advising menu.


Click the link to GradPath

Screenshot of Student Center landing page, highlights GradPath link within the Advising menu.


You are first directed to the landing page, which contains links and other helpful information. From there, click the GradPath Forms link to reach your forms page.

Screenshot of the GradPath landing page within Student Center. Link to GradPath is highlighted.


How do I see who my form is being routed to or where it is in the process?

This information is visible in the Workflow Approval Path, which displays at the bottom of the form as soon as you Submit. You can also go to any form and use View Current to open it and see the path.

Screenshot of GradPath student workflow

The Workflow Approval Path shows you where the form has been, the action taken, and where it’s going. If any approver denies your form, you will receive an e-mail notifying you, and you can open the form to see the message about why it was denied. When someone approves your form, it will route automatically to the next approver.

A single approval step may require more than one person to approve (e.g. co-chairs of a committee), or a step may require one of several people to approve (e.g. at the Graduate College). Click on the blue link in any approval group to see more details regarding the person/people in the group.

Note: The Pre-check Stage section displays if the program has asked that the Graduate Coordinator review and approve forms before they go to faculty. Many departments choose to have forms go directly to the faculty for approval and thus skip this pre-check stage.

I’m filling out a form, and I cannot find my faculty advisor or committee member to select. What do I do?

The person you are looking for either needs appropriate Graduate Faculty or Special Member status to serve on committees or needs the required permissions set up in UAccess. Contact the Graduate Coordinator in your department to follow up and resolve the issue.

What if I can’t create the next form I need?

There may be an issue with how your completed steps have been tracked on your record. Please contact your degree counselor at the Graduate College.

What if I’ve already submitted some forms on paper?

The forms are on file and do not have to be re-submitted electronically, but are not visible in GradPath, which you will use for your next form. If paper forms were submitted, the system picks up at the next step. GradPath may allow you to create forms you already completed on paper – you should NOT re-do a form unless the information has changed.

What is GradPath?

It is the Graduate College’s system for electronic processing of graduate students’ forms for their degrees, replacing the previous paper forms. Students complete and submit forms online through UAccess Student. An automated workflow engine then routes the electronic forms to everyone who needs to see or approve them. 

What is the Responsible Conduct of Research Statement?

This is the first form you must complete in GradPath – you will not be able to open any of the other required forms until this is completed. To see the form, click Create New. Make sure you’ve read the General Information section. Then, in the Certified section, read the statement and check the box.

This form does not require any approvals; once submitted you are immediately able to access the next applicable form. To return to your forms page, click the Return button.

Who do I contact if I have questions?

Why are some buttons grayed out?

The forms can only be submitted in a controlled sequence. You cannot create a new form if there are prior forms that have not been submitted and approved. In addition, the Modify function is only available once a form has been approved or denied.