Program Attributes include:
- June through August (10 weeks), coinciding with Summer Session I and II at the University of Arizona;
- A stipend of $4,000;
- Six units of upper-division undergraduate course credit (tuition and fees paid by the University and the Graduate College);
- One-on-one research under the supervision of a UA Faculty Mentor who works in your chosen field of study and in an area of specific interest to you;
- Coursework and workshops on organizing research, research ethics, public speaking skills, preparation for the GRE, creating and presenting an outstanding research poster, and crafting a successful graduate school application;
- The chance to share in social activities and interact with approximately 100 other underrepresented students from the UA and all over the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
One major event that has occurred for me, which I feel I owe to SRI, is securing a fellowship from Pfizer Pharmaceuticals for the continuation of my research through the first year of my graduate education. Without the opportunities given to me through SRI, I feel that I would never have achieved this level of success in research. -SRI Alum