Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship
The Graduate College is pleased to announce the competition for the 2013 Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship. This award is intended for graduate students who are in the completion stage of their dissertation and who have exhausted all other funding resources except for loans. (The deadline for the spring 2014 TBA)
$10,788.00 provided by the Marshall Foundation (disbursed in one lump sum in Spring 2013) and a Graduate Tuition Scholarship for up to two consecutive semesters - Spring and Fall 2013 - provided by the Graduate College. Mandatory fees and health insurance are not covered
- UA doctoral candidates whose dissertation proposal has been approved by their doctoral committee, have filed the “Committee Appointment Form” with the Graduate College Degree Certification Office, and expect to defend their doctoral dissertation by December 2013.
- U.S. Citizenship and Arizona Legal Residency by the application submission deadline.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Enrollment in a minimum of 3 dissertation units (900-level).
- Agreement to make available an electronic copy of their dissertation to the Marshall Foundation for storing in its Library.
The following documents addressed to the Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship Committee should be submitted electronically as One PDF to MarshallFoundation@grad.arizona.edu. Any applications not in this format will not be considered.
- The Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship Application Form
- A statement of interest stating the significance of your dissertation and its potential contribution to our understanding or improvement of issues facing Arizona, the nation and the world (2 page maximum).
- A copy of your dissertation proposal approved by your committee.
- A detailed timetable identifying dates by when you plan to finish your data collection, data analysis and a draft of each chapter, as well as the expected date of the Oral Defense.
- A letter of support from your Dissertation Committee Chair addressing your scholarship and verifying that you will complete and defend the dissertation by December 2013.
- A copy of this year's FAFSA determination and/or your own statement of financial need.
Friday, November 9, 2012 - Late applications will not be considered
- Costs and Fees
- Graduate Incentives for Growth Awards (GIGA)
- University of Arizona Resources
- Federal State and Institutional Aid
- Peace Corps
- Science Foundation Fellowship
- Other Resources
- Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad
- Graduate Assistant / Associate