Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship
The Graduate College is pleased to announce the competition for the 2014 Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship. This award is intended for graduate students who are in the completion stage of their dissertation and who have exhausted all other funding resources except for loans.
$10,788.00 provided by the Marshall Foundation (disbursed in one lump sum in Spring 2014) and a Graduate Tuition Scholarship for up to two consecutive semesters - Spring 2014 and Fall 2014 - provided by the Graduate College. Mandatory fees and health insurance are not covered.
UA doctoral candidates whose dissertation proposal has been approved by their doctoral committee, have advanced to Doctoral Candidacy (will have been notified of this via email from Graduate Student Academic Services) and expect to defend their dissertation by December 2014.
U.S. Citizenship and Arizona Legal Residency (as determind by the UA) by the application submission deadline.
Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
Demonstrated financial need.
Enrollment in a minimum of 3 dissertation units (900-level).
- Agreement to make available an electronic copy of their dissertation to the Marshall Foundation for storing in its Library.
The following documents addressed to the Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship Committee should be submitted electronically as one PDF to MarshallFoundation@grad.arizona.edu. Any applications not in this format will not be considered.
The Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship Application Form
A statement of interest stating the significance of your dissertation and its potential contribution to our understanding or improvement of issues facing Arizona, the nation and the world (2 page maximum).
A copy of your dissertation proposal approved by your committee.
A detailed timetable identifying dates by when you plan to finish your data collection, data analysis and a draft of each chapter, as well as the expected date of the Oral Defense.
A letter of support from your Dissertation Committee Chair addressing your scholarship and verifying that you will complete and defend the dissertation by December 2014.
- A copy of this year's FAFSA determination and/or your own statement of financial need.
Friday October 25th, 2013 - Late applications will not be considered.
- Costs and Fees
- Federal State and Institutional Aid
- Graduate Assistantships / Associateships
- External Funding and Proposal Writing
- University of Arizona Funding Resources
- Meritorious Awards
- UA and CONACyT Fellowship for Mexican Doctoral Students
- Workforce-Ready Master's Fellowship
- Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows
- Science Foundation Arizona Fellows
- Office of Fellowships & Community Engagement