You are here
New And Current Students
Academic Services, Policies, and Procedures
The Graduate Student Academic Services (GSAS) Office within the Graduate College is here to help students, faculty, and staff keep track of academic progress and the steps needed to complete a graduate or professional degree.
- Find your Degree Counselor
- Steps to Your Degree
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Dissertation and Thesis Information
- Commencement Information
- Graduate College Forms
- Graduate College Funding
- Graduate Assistantships & Graduate Associateships
- Office of Fellowships and Community Engagement
- UA Scholarship Universe
The University of Arizona has many resources to allow students to develop skills that will benefit them during their graduate education and their future career. These resources include writing resources, teaching workshops and seminars, and information on where students can learn to expand their language abilities.
- The Graduate Center
- Diversity Programs
- The Office of Fellowships and Community Engagement
- Postdoctoral Resource Network (PRN)
- Graduate and Professional Student Council
- Graduate Writing Institute
Child Care Subsidies and Family Friendly Information
The Graduate College is dedicated to promoting and strengthening family relationships. Many resources have been designed to help graduate students balance and manage family, work, and school.
- Graduate Assistant/Associate Parental Leave
- Temporary Alternative Duty Assignments (TADA) for Teaching Assistants/Associates
- Extension of Time to Degree Policy
- Child Care and Parent Resources
Health, Wellness and Safety
There are many campus resources available to help support the physical, mental and emotional well-being of graduate students. We encourage all students to become informed, and use these resources.
Other Helpful Information
- How to file complaints or grievances
- University of Arizona Policies and Procedures
- Veterans Education & Transition Services
- Chronicle of Higher Education Graduate Student Newsletter
- Good Advice on Graduate Education from UW
- Tomorrow's Professor Advice and Articles
- Help With Presentations - Advice from experts with AAU data exchange
- NPR's Three Books for Surviving Graduate School
- The Education Payoff - This report examines lifetime earnings for all education levels and earnings by occupation, age, race/ethnicity and gender.
- GradSense - Estimate your debt and income after graduation