Welcome to the University of Arizona’s Graduate Assistantship/Associateship (GA) Student Information webpage! This page is designed to help you find the information that you need about Graduate Assistantships/Associateships.
As one of the leading research universities in the nation, with over 300 outstanding graduate programs, we employ nearly 3,000 graduate students each year. Graduate Assistantship/Associateship positions at the University of Arizona are very competitive and we encourage any student interested in a GA position to inquire. GA positions at the University of Arizona are designed to:
- Provide employment and employment benefits to our students while they work to complete their graduate degree.
- Recruit exceptional students to our many graduate programs.
- Provide support to various colleges and departments on campus in fields such as teaching, research, outreach, etc.
- Provide hands on learning which allows the student to develop various educational and professional skills.
- Allow the graduate student to gain an exceptional, varied, and valuable university experience.
Graduate Assistants/Associates may also have various job titles at the University of Arizona. Each title may have different duties and responsibilities associated with it. Please consult with the hiring department for further clarification of the duties and responsibilities associated with a particular job title. Some examples of approved GA job titles are:
· Graduate Assistant, Teaching
· Graduate Assistant, Research
· Graduate Assistant, Outreach
· Graduate Assistant, Head Resident
· Graduate Assistant, Other
· Graduate Associate, Teaching
· Graduate Associate, Research
· Graduate Associate, Outreach
· Graduate Associate, Other
Please note that the title of Graduate Associate is reserved for doctoral degree seeking students only.
If you wish to apply for an assistantship/associateship position, please contact the department that you would like to work for regarding available positions. For academic departments, the best contact is usually the graduate coordinator. For non-academic departments, the best contact is usually the business manager. Unfortunately, there is no complete listing of available Graduate Assistant/Associate positions although some positions are listed on the Wildcat Joblink through the University of Arizona Career Services website http://www.career.arizona.edu/joblink.
*All employees at the University of Arizona, including Graduate Assistants/Associates, must undergo a pre-employment screening process in accordance with ABOR policy 6-709 http://www.hr.arizona.edu/policy/103.1. Also, Graduate Assistants/Associates are not eligible for concurrent employment in staff, faculty, or other types of student work (with the exception of supplemental compensation) positions per ABOR policy. For more information about supplemental compensation please contact the payroll representative for the hiring department.
For more information on what you would need to know about being a GA, please visit http://grad.arizona.edu/financial-resources/ua-resources/employment/ga-manual.
2013-2014 Graduate Assistant/Associate Forms
- Fall 2013 GA Tuition Deferment Plan Enrollment Form
- Teaching Assistant/Associate Evaluation Form
- TATO Remediation Form
- GA Parental Leave Request Form
- Costs and Fees
- Graduate Incentives for Growth Awards (GIGA)
- University of Arizona Resources
- Federal State and Institutional Aid
- Peace Corps
- Science Foundation Fellowship
- Other Resources
- Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad
- Graduate Assistant / Associate