You are here

All pages tagged with: "International Students"



International Conditional Admission

Conditional Admission is a departmental promise of future admission for international students who have met all Graduate College requirements except the English proficiency requirement.

The Graduate College offers exceptional undergraduate students in selected majors the opportunity to earn both a bachelor's degree and master's degree in as few as 5 years. The Accelerated Master's Program (AMP) is for the top undergraduates in participating majors who plan to continue in a graduate program in the same, or closely related, UA discipline.

To determine if this is an option in your major, see the list of Currently Approved AMPs.


International applicants must meet additional admissions requirements in the following areas:

Getting Started:

  • After choosing a program or programs*, go to our Graduate Admissions Application, GradApp.

  • Create a profile and be prepared to upload unofficial pdf versions of all transcripts.


Teaching Assistant/Associate Training Online (TATO) is a collection of self-paced modules about teaching and learning made available via D2L. All students who wish to be appointed as Teaching Assistants/Associates (TAs) must complete the module "TATO 2016" and pass the test with a score of 95% or higher no later than two weeks after the start of classes.


Primary mailing address

Graduate College
The University of Arizona
  • Students who are not graduating should, in most cases, be hired with the GA title.
  • All Graduate Assistants/Associates (including GAs who are the sole instructor of a class) must be assigned a faculty or instructional staff supervisor, to whom they will report and who will be available to mentor them as necessary during the period of their appointment. Lead GAs and peer–to-peer mentoring can supplement this reporting structure.  However, formal evaluation and supervision of GAs rest with the faculty or instructional staff supervisor.  GAs may not evaluate other GAs. 

Appointment Period

Appointment Period Start Date End Date
Full Fiscal Year 07/01/2016 06/30/2017
Fall Only Fiscal 07/01/2016 12/31/2016
Spring Only Fiscal

The Graduate College website is intended to provide essential information to our students, prospective students, and colleagues.

Should you have trouble finding something, please try using our custom search tool.


If you have comments that may help us, please send us your feedback.

Recognized undergraduate degrees must be awarded from a regionally accredited university or college in the United States and should be based on a unit of credit comparable to that defined by the Arizona Board of Regents.  Typically, that is a 4 year undergraduate Bachelor degree.

A degree cannot ordinarily be recognized if it is based on:

Applicants must upload unofficial pdf versions of all transcripts when submitting their application in our GradApp system.  If an applicant holds a doctoral degree, and previous undergraduate work is unavailable, please contact for assistance with your application.  Individual departmental application instructions will indicate if official transcripts are required for initial departmental review purposes.

All International Teaching Assistants/Associates (ITAs) from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate proficiency in spoken English.  Attendance at an English-speaking institution does not qualify a student to be a Teaching Assistant. Additional evidence of English proficiency is required to assume the role of a teaching assistant.

Tests that satisfy the requirement are listed below, along with their minimum passing scores. A passing score from any one of these tests will satisfy this requirement.

Vintage image of campus

In 1885, nearly three decades before Arizona became a state, the territorial legislature approved $25,000 for building The University of Arizona in Tucson. The residents of Tucson were hoping to be the site of the state capitol or the state insane asylum instead!

To be considered a Domestic Student, you must:

  • Be a citizen of the United States of America, or
  • Be a Permanent Resident of the United States of America at the time you apply for admission, or hold Refugee, Asylee, or Jay Treaty status.

The specific admissions requirements for domestic students are the same for all degree-seeking students.