English Speaking Proficiency Evaluation
An international Graduate Assistant/Associate, Teaching, from a non-English speaking country must demonstrate fluency in spoken English. A passing score on any one of the approved tests is sufficient to qualify for a position. Please note that previous attendance at an English-speaking institution does not satisfy this requirement.
- TBEST – Minimum passing score is 6.8
- IBT TOEFL - Speaking Section minimum passing score is 24
- TSE/SPEAK – Minimum passing score is 50
Students who have not taken one of the tests listed above or that have not achieved the minimum score needed, should contact their hiring department for additional assistance.
For more information on English Proficiency Evaluations please visit http://grad.arizona.edu/admissions/admissions-requirements/international-students/proficiency-in-english
- Costs and Fees
- Federal State and Institutional Aid
- Graduate Assistant / Associate
- External Funding and Proposal Writing
- University of Arizona Funding Resources
- Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows
- Science Foundation Arizona Fellows
- Office of Fellowships & Community Engagement