English Speaking Proficiency Evaluation
An international Graduate Assistant/Associate, Teaching, from a non-English speaking country must demonstrate fluency in spoken English. A passing score on any one of the approved tests is sufficient to qualify for a position. Please note that previous attendance at an English-speaking institution does not satisfy this requirement.
Tests that satisfy the requirement are listed below, along with their minimum passing scores. A passing score from any one of these tests will satisfy this requirement.
- TBEST – Minimum passing score is 6.8
- IBT TOEFL - Speaking Section minimum passing score is 24
- TSE/SPEAK – Minimum passing score is 50
Please note that the TSE/Speak, and TBEST exams are no longer administered, but will be accepted as long as the minimum passing score was met.
For more information on English Proficiency Evaluations please visit http://grad.arizona.edu/admissions/admissions-requirements/international-students/proficiency-in-english
- Costs and Fees
- Federal State and Institutional Aid
- Graduate Assistant / Associate
- External Funding and Proposal Writing
- University of Arizona Funding Resources
- Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows
- Science Foundation Arizona Fellows
- Office of Fellowships & Community Engagement