Graduate Tuition Scholarship (GTS)
Graduate Tuition Scholarships (GTS) are non-need-based awards that cover any portion of the base graduate student tuition for University of Arizona main campus classes. The Scholarship excludes coverage of mandatory registration fees, any additional tuition charged by the individual program or tuition assessed through the Outreach College. The Scholarships may offset any portion of the base tuition that the Qualified Tuition Reduction (QTR) does not cover. The GTS award will apply after the QTR goes into effect.
For more information, please contact the Graduate Coordinator or Director of Graduate Studies in the respective academic unit for award availability and deadlines.
To be eligible for consideration of an award, a student must:
- Be a degree seeking domestic or international graduate student,
- Be admitted to a graduate degree granting academic unit,
- Be enrolled full time according to current academic policy, and
- Have an admitting or cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good academic standing.
Information for Academic Units
- The minimum award for Graduate Tuition Scholarships is 1 unit of graduate base tuition.
- Funds to award students must be used by March 20, 2015. Full year awards are strongly recommended to allow the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to coordinate all aid for the academic year.
- Awards are processed using UAccess Student, External Awards. Please use the item type associated with the college name under account 2796000.
- Notify Julie Treanor or Dorian Voorhees to approve the award(s) by entering treanorj or voorhees in the “Email Notification” Approver Opid section.
- Reports are available in UAccess Analytics to support academic units in tracking awards.
For questions regarding this award information, please contact Julie Treanor at (520) 621-5193 or Dorian Voorhees at (520) 626-6908.
- Costs and Fees
- Federal State and Institutional Aid
- Graduate Assistantships / Associateships
- External Funding and Proposal Writing
- University of Arizona Funding Resources
- Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows
- Science Foundation Arizona Fellows
- Office of Fellowships & Community Engagement