You are here

Transcript Requirements

You are required to submit official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended. Please read the following sections to ensure your understanding of our transcript requirements.

Transcripts From United States Institutions

  • An official transcript is one that has been officially issued by an institution and received at the University of Arizona in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. The transcript will contain the official school seal or stamp and the signature of the Registrar.
  • You are required to submit official transcripts from each college or university you have previously attended or are currently attending. Transfer credits indicated on another school’s transcript are not accepted in lieu of submitting the original institution record for that coursework.
  • If the issuing institution will not release your official transcript to you, request that it be sent directly to each proposed department that you are applying to here at the University of Arizona.
  • E-Transcripts are accepted by the Graduate College as official if sent directly from the institution or transcript service to University of Arizona department personnel or to the Graduate Admissions email inbox at  Emails generally have password and security measures and will sometimes be accompanied by a follow-up message containing password information for transcript retrieval within a determined number of days. 

Transcripts From Institutions Outside the United States

Your international record will be considered complete and official if:

  • Each document is an original or a copy that is issued and certified by the university or college. It must contain the original stamp or seal of the institution and the original signature of the appropriate school authority.
  • It is a comprehensive record of all study completed, detailing courses studied and the grades (marks) received, in the form of a transcript or yearly grade (mark) sheets.
  • It includes all degree/diploma certificates conferred. If the degree is not posted on the transcripts, a separate degree certificate must indicate the type of degree awarded and the date of award. Verification of graduation is required.
  • Each document must be submitted in the original language and must be accompanied by an English translation that is officially verified by the issuing university or college.
  • Copies of original documents must be certified by the appropriate authority of the issuing university or college. Each page of the copy must contain the original signature and title of the school authority, the date of issuance, and the institutions original stamp or seal.
  • For those individuals whose foreign university issues only one set of official documents please consult with your intended major department directly for alternate methods of submission.

The University of Arizona Graduate College performs all international transcript evaluations.  Note that we do not accept transcripts from credentials evaluation services in lieu of the original official transcripts and/or diploma from the issuing institution.

Please be advised that all materials submitted in support of an application become the property of the University of Arizona and will not be returned to the applicant or forwarded to other schools or agencies. For "one of a kind" and difficult to replace documents, we suggest that you have your issuing institution certify copies for you to submit with your application. This will allow you to keep your original documents.


Last updated 2 Oct 2015