If you are a prospective UA graduate student, we can help you identify graduate programs and potential faculty mentors, call 520.621.7808 or send an email. We also meet with prospective students at career fairs and conferences such as SACNAS, ABRCMS, AISES, and the California Diversity Forums.
There are a number of prestigious institutional, national, and private scholarships and fellowships available to help support you and your educational goals. Research your options by speaking with your advisor and mentor(s). Be sure to ask your prospective academic department about how they may be able to fund their incoming students. And review our webpage on Funding Your Graduate Education.
Many students value the opportunity to engage in funded undergraduate research in preparation for graduate school. The Graduate College's Undergraduate Research Opportunities Consortium (UROC) is an outstanding opportunity that includes a robust graduate school preparation component.
If you are affiliated with an approved sponsored program, you may be eligible for a Graduate College Application Fee Waiver.
- In the program section of the graduate application, there is a question asking if you are affiliated with a sponsored program and a drop down menu is provided. Select your program, e.g. Ronald E. McNair Program.
- Upon selection of a program, a message will provide instructions to upload a verification letter from the director to confirm your participation in the sponsored program.
- Once a verification letter is received and confirmed, an application fee waiver will be approved and you will be notified by email.
- If you have any questions, please contact Tianna MacMeans at email@example.com.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Preparation Opportunities
1) UA Think Tank GRE Preparation
2) Self-study via Free GRE PowerPrep Software: www.GRE.org