UROC (pronounced you-rock) is administered by the University of Arizona Graduate College, and provides participants with excellent research training and graduate school preparation through:
- research experience under the guidance of a faculty mentor
- professional development and graduate admission workshops
- social networking and a community building with like-minded peers
- poster session, oral presentation, and abstract writing
- a free comprehensive GRE workshop
- and a $5,000* summer stipend.
Typical eligibility requirements:
- Class standing* (juniors and seniors)
- US citizen or permanent resident
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Strong interest in pursuing graduate education, particularly in earning a master’s or PhD
*some sophomores may be eligible to apply
There are many reasons for embarking on graduate study. Higher earnings and lower unemployment rates are two GREAT ones!
Check out the recent US Bureau of Labor Statistics Data.
*award amount and disbursement varies by program