Undergraduate Research Opportunities Consortium
(Year-Round Programs Application are CLOSED.)
UROC (pronounced you-rock) is administered by the University of Arizona Graduate College, and provides participants with excellent research training and graduate school preparation through:
- research experience under the guidance of a faculty mentor
- professional development and graduate admission workshops
- social networking and a community building with like-minded peers
- poster session, oral presentation, and abstract writing
- a free comprehensive GRE workshop
- and a $5,000* summer stipend.
Typical eligibility requirements:
- Class standing
- US citizen or permanent resident
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Strong interest in pursuing graduate education, particularly in earning a master’s or PhD
There are many reasons for embarking on graduate study. Higher earnings and lower unemployment rates are two GREAT ones!
Check out the recent US Bureau of Labor Statistics Data.
*award amount and disbursement varies by program