At a Glance
The University of Arizona/Sloan Foundation Indigenous Graduate Partnership (UA/SIGP) scholarship is designed to address the national need for academically prepared Native Americans, Alaskan Natives, Native Hawaiians, or Original peoples of Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands with U.S. Citizenship who can help spur economic development in their communities and reservations and occupy leadership positions in colleges and universities, government and the corporate world.
To be eligible for the University of Arizona-Sloan Indigenous Graduate Partnership scholarship, students must:
- Be United States citizens;
- Be officially enrolled or demonstrate lineage with a federally or state recognized tribe or group;
- Have regular admission to an approved graduate program in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) at the University of Arizona;
- Enroll for a minimum of six (6) graduate units each semester of the award;
- Make satisfactory progress toward the degree for funding in years 2 and beyond;
- Demonstrate financial need
Review complete application instructions on the UA/SIGP website.