New and Current Students
Welcome to the Graduate College website for New and Current Students.
Here you will find Graduate College policies, manuals, other publications, and information regarding commencement.
GradPath is here! New paperless degree audit forms. Read all about it.
Our Newsletter keeps you up-to-date on the latest information you need.
Student Services including health, mental health, housing, childcare, and many other services that can help your life on campus be more manageable and pleasant.
If you're graduating, please take a moment and complete our exit survey. We really need your feedback to have excellent programs.
New Program offers opportunities for recent PhD graduates in the life sciences.
Schedule of classes (course offerings)
Steps to your degree (Degree Certification site)
Responsible Conduct of Research (including Human Subjects information)
Family Friendly Policies
- Graduate Assistant/Associate Parental Leave
- Temporary Alternative Duty Assignments for TAs (TADA)
- Extension of Time to Degree
- Additional Resources for Student Parents
Other Useful Links
- Graduate and Professional Student Council
- Other Student Organizations
- Graduate Writing Institute
- Graduate Writing Resource
- Veterans Education & Transition Services
- Subscribe to the Chronicle of Higher Education Graduate Student newsletter (scroll down to the bottom)
- Good advice on graduate education from UW
- Tomorrow's Professor advice and articles
- Postdoc Resource Network
- Help With Presentations: Advice from experts with AAU data exchange
- For Fun: NPR's Three Books for Surviving Graduate School
- The Education Payoff. This report examines lifetime earnings for all education levels and earnings by occupation, age, race/ethnicity and gender. The data are clear: a college degree is key to economic opportunity, conferring substantially higher earnings on those with credentials than those without.
Please contact us if you have any questions not addressed here.