Peace Corps Week 2015
PEACE CORPS WEEK 2015
WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY and SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 27 and 28, 2015
The University of Arizona is celebrating fifteen years of Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows service and capacity building in southern Arizona. Join us in exploring service abroad and at home!
All RPCVs, Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows (current and alumni), Desert Doves, and friends of RPCVs and Fellows are invited. Proceeds will benefit Peace Corps Partnerships Projects funded by the Desert Doves.
Meet 140+ Returned Peace Corps Volunteers, tour the world, visit a Pacific island village, an African market, or a Latin American bus station. Ask questions and enjoy the sights, sounds, and stories gathered while living 27 months abroad in another culture.
- Visit with the Peace Corps recruiter and learn how and when to apply to Peace Corps.
- Find a local volunteer opportunity! Meet representatives from area organizations that host Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows and AmeriCorps members.
- Learn about University of Arizona academic programs that host Peace Corps Coverdell Fellows.
Special guests include Cathryn L. Thorup, Ph.D., Director, U.S. Peace Corps Office of Strategic Information, Research and Planning, and Performance Improvement Officer.
The fair is free, family-friendly, and fun; a reception is included. Special passports available for children. Curricular materials available for graduate teaching assistants and teachers. Light refreshments served.
Visitor parking is available in UA Garages and metered street parking.
Open to all students and RPCVs. Join in this free, interactive workshop on crafting your core story. Excellent for anyone seeking to speak with a non-academic audience, for crafting personal statements, or polishing your Peace Corps story!
- Helen Lowman, Associate Director, U.S. Peace Corps Office of Volunteer Recruitment and Selection,
- Cathryn L. Thorup, Director, U.S. Peace Corps Office of Strategic Information, Research and Planning
- Meleia Egger, Third Goal Program Specialist
- Former Peace Corps Country Directors and Alumni Guests
Continental breakfast and luncheon provided.
LODGING AVAILABLE FOR PEACE CORPS WEEK VISITORS
- A block of two rooms has been reserved at Big Blue House.
- A block of 16 rooms have been reserved at Aloft.
Please contact Rachel (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, February 8th if you would like to reserve one of these rooms.
|Kiewit Auditorium map.pdf||232.25 KB|