M E M O R A N D U M
TO: The University Community
DATE: October 5, 2017
FROM: Andrew C. Carnie, Ph.D., Dean of the Graduate College
SUBJECT: Annual Graduate Teaching and Mentoring Awards for Graduate Education
The Graduate College is pleased to issue a Call for Nominations of awards to acknowledge faculty and professionals who excel in their teaching and mentoring of graduate and professional students.
Two such awards will be given. Each winner will receive a check for $2500.00, a medallion and plaque. The two award recipients will be honored during the Awards of Distinction Reception and Ceremony in spring of 2018.
Tenure-track, tenured, and non-tenure eligible faculty who can demonstrate a long-standing commitment to graduate education are eligible. Candidates may be nominated by students, staff, faculty members, department heads, graduate program directors or deans.
A committee of faculty members and university professionals will review the nomination packets and make their recommendations to the Dean of the Graduate College.
For the nomination packet, please include:
- A nomination letter, specifically addressing the candidate’s qualifications for the award. There may be multiple signatures on the nomination letter.
- A curriculum vitae for the nominee.
- List of Graduate courses taught within the last three years.
- Teaching evaluations and student evaluations from the last three years.
- Letters of support with at least two letters from graduate students.
All nomination packets are due on Friday, January 12, 2018 by close of business and should be submitted using our online form which can be found at: https://grad.arizona.edu/forms/teachmentor.
For questions regarding submission please contact Christina Berry.
For questions regarding the content of the nomination packet please contact Janet Sturman, Ph.D., Associate Dean, at 520-621-0420.