The Graduate College is pleased to announce the recipients of the prestigious Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship and the Dr. Maria Teresa Velez Marshall Dissertation Scholarship for final-phase dissertation support. In addition to a stipend from the Louise F. Marshall Foundation and the Graduate College, each student will receive student health insurance for the term of the award and a Graduate Tution Scholarships for up to 2 semesters.
Spring 2022 Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship recipients:
- Kathryn Chenard, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology (PHD) - "Maternal Influences on Brain Structural Trade-offs and the Evolution of Personality"
- Kelsey Gonzalez, Sociology (PHD) - "Online Search Tools, Information-Seeking Behaviors, and The Formation of New Norms in Health Behaviors"
- Susana Sepulveda, Gender & Women's Studies (PHD) - "Travesando Chicana Punk"
- Kasey Stuart, Art History & Education (PHD) - Art and Visual Culture Education - "I Found it, I Liked It, I Taught It: Exploring Preservice Art Teachers’ Use of Social Media in Curriculum Development"
- Marie Tanaka, School Psychology (PHD) - "Critical Race Theory and Teachers of Adolescent Newcomer Immigrants"
- Barbara Teso, Mexican American Studies (PHD) - "Borderlands Feminisms, Marginalized Knowledges, and Borderlands Activisms Research Study"
Spring 2022 Dr. Maria Teresa Velez - Marshall Foundation Dissertation Scholarship recipient:
- Carmen L'Annunziata Monge, Gender & Women's Studies (PHD) - "Scenes of Separation at the Mexico-U.S. Border and Beyond"