At a Glance
Incoming Domestic Doctoral Students
Incoming Domestic Master’s Students
Instructions for Students
To be considered for the WRGP resident tuition rate, students must
- Review eligible University of Arizona WRGP programs and contact the UA department/academic unit coordinator found through our Graduate Catalog and Program of Study Guide.
- To ensure correct tuition is assessed, please complete Verified Lawful Presence or fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Once admitted, provide proof of residency to the department/academic unit coordinator. Recommended documents for residency verification include driver’s license, state tax forms, and voter registration
- To maintain eligibility, a student must have a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher and remain in the WRGP-eligible program. WRGP eligibility will be cancelled if the student participant is admitted to a non-eligible WRGP program or track before after completion of the original WRGP program. If you wish to apply for Arizona residency for tuition purposes please review the information at https://registrar.arizona.edu/support-services/residency-classification-tuition-purposes.
Instructions for Academic Units
- Review applicants for potential WRGP participants that may not be aware of program. Refer to the states that participate in WRGP.
- Verify that the applicant has an admission or cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Verify the applicant’s residency in an eligible WRGP state and request documentation verifying residency. Recommendeddocuments for residency verification include driver’s license, state tax forms, and voter registration.
- Check to make sure that the student has either completed Verified Lawful Presence or filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This must be done before the residency classification to instate for tuition purposes will be changed.
- Email Julie Treanor at email@example.com with the following information (the due date for this information is one (1) month before the beginning of the semester):
- The student’s first and last name
- Student ID number
- State of Residence
- If the student is approved, the Graduate College will assign the applicant the WRGP student group in UAccess Student. You can view this by navigating: Campus Community>Student Services Center>General Information>Student Group = WRGP. This student group prompts the Residency screen to be updated to reflect resident status for billing at the resident tuition rate. A note will be entered in Campus Community>Personal Information>Identification>Residency Data>Residency Decision regarding WRGP status.
Please contact the Graduate College if a WRGP participant leaves the eligible program or becomes ineligible due to GPA or change in residency classification.