The Summer 2019 Application Support Program serves to assist UA students in completing fellowship applications over the summer and to improve the quality of the applications. We provide summer deadlines for students to submit drafts of their fellowship applications for feedback.
If you enroll in the program, you will commit to submitting at least one draft of an application over the summer.
Eligibility: Applicants must be enrolled at the University of Arizona in the spring of 2019 and/or plan to enroll in the fall of 2019
Deadline: The deadline has passed but we try to help students at any point during the summer. If you are interested in participating, please email Shelley Hawthorne Smith.
If you would like to apply to the Summer Application Support Program, please respond to the following questions in a word processing document (such as Word). Please save the document with your name in the file name. Attach the responses to email and send the email to Shelley Hawthorne Smith and David Neufeld.
Application for the Summer 2019 Support Program
2. Email address:
4. Were you enrolled at the University of Arizona in the spring of 2019 or do you plan to enroll in the fall of 2019?
5. What will your academic status be in fall of 2019 (e.g. senior undergraduate, first year graduate student, passed comprehensive exams, etc.)?
6. What fellowship(s) do you plan to apply for in the next 12 months?
7. Where are you in the application process (just getting started, talking to my advisors, etc.)?
8. Can you commit to writing at least one strong draft of the application essays over the summer?
8. What are the goals/objectives of the fellowship to which you are applying?
9. List some of the skills, attributes, or achievements that make you a strong candidate for the fellowship.
10. List some of your concerns about applying. (I.e. what might weaken your application?)
11. Summarize your research, your work, or your purpose for applying in a way that a general audience could understand (100 - 250 words).