The Graduate College is pleased to announce the recipients of the Spring 2020 Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship and the Dr. Maria Teresa Velez - Marshall Foundation Dissertation Scholarship. Congratulations!
The Spring 2020 recipients for the Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship are:
- Julia Cheng, Cancer Biology -- "The Importance of TGFbeta and Estrogen Signaling in Osteolytic ER + Breast Cancer Bone Metastasis"
- Pedro Luis Espino, Physics -- "Constraining the Nuclear Equation of State Using Realistic Simulations of Binary Neutron Star Mergers"
- Nicolas Lopez-Galvez, Environmental Health Sciences and Epidemiology -- "Characterizing Kidney Function and Occupational Risk Factors in Migrant Farm Workers"
- Jennifer Richards, Health Behavior Health Promotion -- "Applying Indigenous Research Methodologies to Inform an American Indian Mother-Daughter Preconception Health Intervention"
- Brigette Walters, Spanish and Portuguese -- "Drag: Politics and Performance in the Americas Today"
- Kenneth Yamamoto, Applied Mathematics -- "Geometry, Mechanics, and Non-Euclidean Elasticity: Biologic and Robotic Applications"
The Spring 2020 recipient for the Dr. Maria Teresa Velez - Marshall Foundation Dissertation Scholarship is:
- Michelle Aguilera, Language, Reading, and Culture -- "Language Socialization, Linguistic Agency, and the Verbal Play of Young Children"