Be sure you're familiar with the Graduation Deadlines for forms, exams, dissertations, and theses.
Commencement Procedures, RSVP, and Check-In
The UA Commencement Website has information about departmental convocations, times, caps and gowns, parking, and more, and RSVPing (required) if you plan on attending the ceremony.
Commencement Program Information
The Graduate College is developing a new system to manage the student names and information to be included in the May 2016 Commencement program. Information will be sent to departments once the new system is in place. Students will be able to check their information for the program and provide corrections when the new system is avilable.
Information About Diplomas
- Diplomas are not given out at Commencement. Diplomas are ordered individually for each student after the final degree audit of their academic record is completed. Auditors work as quickly as possible, but the process takes time. It takes about four weeks after the audit is complete and the order has been placed for the diploma to arrive in your mailbox.
- Diplomas are issued using your name as it is listed on your official University of Arizona record. If you want your name changed you must request an official name change with the Registrar's Office. Note: If you set up a “preferred” name in UAccess, be aware that your official name on your diploma will be your official name and not your “preferred” name.
- Your diploma will not be ordered and mailed until you have paid any remaining balance on your UA account. Please contact the Bursar's office with questions or concerns.
- The diploma will be mailed to the address you have listed in UAccess as your Diploma address. If you do not have a Diploma address listed, it will be mailed to the Permanent address on your record. Please check your addresses in UAccess to make sure your diploma will be mailed to the right place.
- Most international students' permanent addresses are in their home country. If you do NOT want your diploma sent to your home country address, please go to UAccess and create a new address and indicate its type as 'Diploma'. You should create your Diploma address before the end of your graduation term.
Graduate Exit Survey
Please provide feedback about your graduate student experience by submitting our Exit Survey.