Fall 2017 Workshops
National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) Information Sessions
Join us for an overview of the GRFP application process and for tips on applying. See further support for applicants here: https://grad.arizona.edu/ofce/application-support-programs/nsf-graduate-...
- Monday, August 28 from 12:00 – 1:00 in USB 214
- Thursday, September 7 from 9:30 – 10:30 in USB 216
- Thursday, September 14 from 11:30 – 12:30 in USB 216
Please RSVP to one of the above sessions here: https://grad.arizona.edu/ofce/nsf-grfp-information-sessions
Student Fulbright Application Workshop
The U.S. Student Fulbright is for students from the U.S. going to teach or do research in other countries. This workshop is for students planning to submit applications on or before September 7, 2017.
- Tuesday, August 22 from 5:30 - 6:30 in Slonaker House Living Room
- Tuesday, August 29 from 5:30 - 6:30 in Slonaker House Living Room
Please RSVP here: https://grad.arizona.edu/ofce/student-fulbright-application-workshop
Seven Keys to Finding the Right Postdoc
Learn about finding and applying to postdocs from current postdocs here at the UA.
- Wednesday, August 30 from 12:00 – 1:00 in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences Room 205 (note room change)
Please RSVP here: https://grad.arizona.edu/ofce/seven-keys-finding-and-obtaining-postdoc
DAAD Information Session
DAAD, the German Academic Exchange Service, provides support for academic travel to Germany. Join us to learn more about their funding.
- Wednesday, September 6 from 12:00 – 1:00 in USB 209
Please RSVP here: https://grad.arizona.edu/ofce/daad-information-session
Inter-American Foundation Dissertation Fellowship Information Session
Come to discuss the Inter-American Foundation’s support for students doing dissertation research related to grassroots development in Latin America or the Caribbean.
- Thursday, Nov 2 from 9:30 - 10:30 in USB 209
Please RSVP here: https://grad.arizona.edu/ofce/inter-american-foundation-fellowship-infor...
Boren Fellowship Information Session
Boren Fellowships, an initiative of the National Security Education Program, provide unique funding opportunities for U.S. graduate students to study less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests, and underrepresented in study abroad.
- Tuesday, October 24 from 5:30 - 6:30 in Slonaker Living Room
Please RSVP here: https://grad.arizona.edu/ofce/boren-fellowship-information-session
National Science Foundation East Asia and Pacific Summer Institutes (NSF EAPSI)
NSF offers summer research opportunities in East Asia and the Pacific. This session is for people considering EAPSI for summer 2019.
- Monday, December 11 from 12:00 - 1:00 in University Services Building Room 214
Please RSVP here: https://grad.arizona.edu/ofce/nsf-east-asia-and-pacific-summer-institute...
Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad
The Fulbright-Hays is specifically for people doing dissertation research outside of Western Europe.
- Tuesday, December 12 from 12:00 - 1:00 in University Services Building Room 209
Please RSVP here: https://grad.arizona.edu/ofce/fulbright-hays-ddra-information-session
The following materials were presented in previous workshops and provide some basic information about the referenced opportunities. These materials should provide solid background information, but please remember that competition guidelines occasionally change. Check with your advisor and fellowship websites for the most current information.