Graduate recruitment, especially with regard to students underrepresented in the field
The Graduate College participates in recruiting fairs that target underrepresented students. Although it is always best if faculty from the department can plan to attend some of the fairs, the Graduate College diversity team will send out a list of prospective students they made contact with in top research programs.
When an underrepresented minority student visits the UA campus ensure that they meet with someone from the Graduate College Diversity Team, one or several of the underrepresented student organizations, the Graduate and Professional Student Council (GPSC), and ensure that they have the opportunity to participate with other graduate students and experience coummunity festivals or activities beyond the campus.
Additional Resource Links:
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Multicultural Recruitment (link is external)
- UNC Charlotte Student Recruitment and Success (link is external)
- UNC Chapel Hill Recruiting Minority Graduate Students (link is external)
- University of Washington, Recruiting and Retaining Minority Students (link is external)
- University of Washington, Recruiting Toolkit (link is external)
- The American Political Science Association, Minority Student Recruitment (link is external)
- AAAS, Underrepresented Minorities benefit in science related studies (link is external)
- University of Wisconson, Recruitment Manual (link is external)
- Science Daily, Recruiting Minorities to Science and Engineering