Applicants must upload unofficial pdf versions of all transcripts when submitting their application in our GradApp system. If an applicant holds a doctoral degree, and previous undergraduate work is unavailable, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with your application. Individual departmental application instructions will indicate if official transcripts are required for initial departmental review purposes.
Once formally admitted to the University of Arizona, official versions of transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended will be required. Be advised that all materials submitted in support of an application become the property of the University of Arizona and will not be returned to the applicant or forwarded to other schools or agencies.
Transcripts From Domestic Institutions
- An official transcript is one that has been officially issued by an institution and received at the University of Arizona in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. The transcript must contain the official school seal or stamp and the signature of the Registrar.
- E-Transcripts are considered official if sent directly from the institution or transcript service to either University of Arizona department personnel or the Graduate Admissions email inbox at email@example.com.
- Transfer credits indicated on another school’s transcript are not accepted in lieu of submitting the original institution record for that coursework.
Transcripts From International Institutions
- Official documents must be an original or a certified copy that is issued by the university or college. Each page must contain the original stamp or seal of the institution, the original signature of the appropriate school authority, and the date of issuance.
- Transcript must be a comprehensive record of all study completed, detailing courses studied and the grades (marks) received.
- Degree or Diploma certificates are required if the degree is not officially posted on the transcript. Degree or Diploma certificates must indicate the type of degree awarded and the date of award.
- Transcripts and Degree Certificates/Diplomas must be submitted in the original native language and must be accompanied by an officially verified English translation issued by the university or college.
- For those individuals whose university issues only one set of official documents, please be prepared to present those documents to the Graduate Admissions office for viewing after arrival and enrollment.
- The Graduate Admissions office performs all international credentials evaluations and does not accept evaluations from private credentials evaluation services in lieu of the original official transcripts and/or diploma from the issuing institution.
- Recognized Domestic Degrees - A four year undergraduate bachelor degree issued from a regionally accredited institution.
- Comparable International Degrees - Check the link for country specific degree requirements.