Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) required for graduate programs is based on a 4.00 scale:
- Accelerated Master’s Programs = 3.30
- Certificate Programs = 2.75
- Degree Programs = 3.00
- Non-Degree* = GPA is not calculated. Applicants must hold a regionally accredited Bachelor degree or comparable international degree.
*Applicants that do not meet the minimum 3.0 GPA requirement, but do hold a comparable bachelor's degree, and applicants with a UA graduate GPA below 3.0, may still be eligible for admission into Graduate Non-Degree status.
Calculation of the Admission GPA is based on the following:
- Cumulative GPA from 6 or more graded graduate units from the University of Arizona.
- Cumulative GPA from highest degree, or 12 or more graded units obtained as a graduate student at another institution.
- Cumulative GPA from undergraduate degree (record must include at least 60 graded units.)
- Calculated GPA from last 60 units or 2 years, full time equivalent.
- Combination of the last 60 units of undergraduate and graduate coursework (or 2 year, full-time equivalent) when fewer than 12 units of graduate coursework have been completed.
The Graduate College performs all GPA calculations on a case-by-case basis and the calculation steps above are meant as a guide. As always, special circumstances arise and not every situation can be listed.
Estimate your GPA using our GPA Calculator!