The minimum requirement for Non-Degree seeking graduate admission is the receipt of a U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university/college or a final degree awarded from a comparable institute of higher education as evaluated by the University of Arizona Graduate College. Bachelor’s degrees that are in-progress at the time of application, must be completed prior to the start of classes for the admitted term. There is no GPA requirement for graduate Non-Degree seeking students.
Helpful Facts and Tips for prospective graduate Non-Degree seeking students:
- Non-Degree students are eligible to enroll in graduate-level courses. It is advisable that you contact the department offering courses of interest to ensure that:
- Their courses are available to Non-Degree students.
- You apply to the correct campus on which those courses are offered.
- An applicant who has earned a minimum of 6 graded graduate units in the major from the University of Arizona, with a GPA of 3.0 or better, is eligible to be admitted to the relevant degree if recommended by the program.
- Up to 12 units of graduate credit earned in Non-Degree status may be applied toward a graduate degree once the student obtains admission to a degree program.
- For transfer credit information, please refer to: http://grad.arizona.edu/gsas/degree-requirements.
- Up to 6 units of graduate credit earned in Non-Degree status may be applied toward a graduate certificate once the student obtains admission to a certificate program.
- For transfer credit information, please contact your department and refer to: http://grad.arizona.edu/gsas/degree-requirements/certificate.
- Graduate Non-Degree applications should be submitted no later than one week before classes begin to avoid unexpected delays and late registration penalties assessed by the Bursar's Office.
- If Non-Degree registration for a major semester is missed, then a new application and fee will be required.
- Non-degree seeking students are subject to a requirement of satisfactory academic progress: Non-degree seeking students must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress each semester by maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA as calculated over the preceding 2 semesters of enrollment as a non-degree seeking student. Students who do not meet this requirement will no longer be eligible for enrollment.
- Please consult the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid regarding financial aid information.